Become a Pedicab Driver!
SAYING PEDICAB DRIVING IS JUST "A COOL JOB"
WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT
First, let's start with some basics:
What types of qualities make for a good pedicabber?
- Positive attitude.
- Good at improvising solutions.
- Comfortable in changing situations.
- Healthy enough to handle physical challenges (occasionally intense).
- Self-managing; comfortable taking responsibility.
- Strong sense of humor and whimsy.
- Solid memory.
- A polite demeanor with a calm regard for change.
Basic requirements to ride with National Pedicab:
- Valid driver's license (from any state).
- 21 years of age.
- Fluent in English.
- Capable of riding a bicycle for 6 – 8 hours.
- Attend an orientation and complete our training.
- Qualify for a Pedicab CUA permit from the National Mall Parks and Services Office. (We'll explain how that works when we meet you – a pretty simple process.)
In DC, pedicabbers work as a community, cooperating to create a fun work day and earn their wage with a sense of satisfaction and fun. Rarely will you find a more social and satisfying day of work than riding a pedicab.
But there is a lot to this job that we want you to consider prior to applying. So we put together a short primer on the basic aspects of the job. We suggest you take a few minutes to read up!
We're eager to have you tell us why you think you'd be a good fit in "the Tribe" of pedicabbing. We want to share our culture, teach you our lingo, encourage your skills and ride alongside you! We're looking forward to hearing from you soon!